Routine maintenance helps by playing a key role in terms of how your system is able to function. As a memory or SSD upgrade is the crucial way to boost your system's overall performance, you can optimize its capabilities through routine maintenance. Here are three general maintenance tips that can help improve the functionality of your system or you can install IGS Cleaner, the best computer optimization software that helps you to keep your system up to date and boosts computer performance by detecting issues regarding the processing speed and providing the best solutions for them.
Allow Disk Defragmenter to run automatically. Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows 10 are built with an updated Disk Defragmenter utility, which automatically performs periodic defrags. Except you need to perform a manual defrag, you do not have to do anything just let it run!
To change when Disk Defragmenter runs, follow these steps:
1. Click the Start menu or Windows button
2. Select Control Panel, then System and Security
3. Under Administrative Tools, click Defragment your hard drive
4. Click Configure schedule…
4.Select the schedule you want. Select a date and time that the computer will be on but no one is typically using it. The computer can be asleep.
6. Click OK
Facing storage space problems on your PC? Here are three methods to increase space on your system and make it simpler to find the programs and files you frequently use.
1. Remove programs you never use on Windows 10 and Windows 8, right-click the Start button (or press Windows key+X), select Control Panel, then under programs, select uninstall a program. From this list, you can remove programs you no longer need, select the program you want to uninstall and click Uninstall.
On Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, click the Start button, click Control Panel, then click Add/Remove Programs. From this list, eliminate the programs you do not need by selecting the program and Uninstall.
2. Back up, hardly used data on an external hard drive It is usually said in tech sectors that your data is only as safe as your last backup, and this saying is true with almost every user. To back-up your files, get an outside hard drive and utilize it as your backup drive. By moving hardly used files to an outside hard drive, then deleting them from your system, you will free up valuable storage space.
3. Run the Disk Cleanup utility Disk Cleanup eliminates temporary files, clears the cache, vacant your Recycle Bin, and frees up a variety of other files and items you no longer need. Here is how to utilize Disk Cleanup.
If you have defragmented your hard drive and are still facing poor performance, you may require to resolve disk errors on your hard drive. Hard disk issues typically emerge by power outages, hardware failures, poor system maintenance, viruses, or human error. To fix disk errors, you can utilize the Chkdsk tool found in Windows operating systems. Chkdsk (Chkdsk.exe) is a command-line tool that generates and prompts a status report for the disk by checking volumes for problems. The tool then lists and rectifies issues on the disk, such as bad sectors, lost clusters, cross-linked files, and directory errors. Here is how to use Chkdsk.
Note on all versions of Windows earlier to Windows 8: If one or more files are open on the hard disk that you want to solve, you will get the following message:
The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs complete access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to plan the disk check to take place the next time you restart the computer?
If the above notification emerges, click yes, to plan the disk check, then restart your computer to start the disk check.